Well, they never really went away. But after years of decline, many people are rediscovering the fun and charm of the drive-in movie. If you were fortunate enough to enjoy drive-ins as a child, the nostalgia is undeniable. And introducing kids to this experience is one of those great “firsts” for a parent. Check out DriveInMovie.com for active theatres in your area.
On the Road
Have you ever traveled to a “kid-friendly” destination, only to find that the friendliest thing about it was the brochure or web site?
Well, I have a great resource for anyone planning to get away with the kids.
Whether you’re going for an overnight, a long weekend or a full-blown vacation, BestKidFriendlyTravel.com will help you make it a fun and memorable time for the whole family.
The classic strategy game, Battleship, can be played on paper and is a great way to keep older kids entertained in the car. With the paper version there is just as much fun with no tiny pieces to lose.
In case you’ve never played, or like me am a little bit rusty on the rules, here are the instructions.
1. Each player positions the 7 ships on their board by writing in the ship initials in the correct number of adjacent blocks. The ship sizes and identifying initials are shown on the game sheet.
2. After the ships have been positioned, the game proceeds in a series of rounds.
3. Each round goes as follows. Player A announces a target square in the opponent’s grid which is to be shot at.
I love spending time with my kids on the road. Car trips are a great time to bond with your family, but you couldn’t pay me enough to get in the car and leave without … snacks!
Packing great snacks is not rocket science, but its easy to get into a rut. So it’s good to review the basics, which the article 5 Tips For Packing Car-Friendly Snacks does nicely.
- What item it necessary but should be limited?
- Name three snacks that are not just filling but also have staying power
- Which two everyday items are an inexpensive solution for messes?
- What food safety guidelines should you follow?
- What makes a snack “fun”?
Check out the article and then let me know your family’s favorite snacks on the road.
With little ones in the car, sometimes it’s a mad dash to find a bathroom. If you’re lucky, there’s a public restroom at hand, or a private one with a compassionate owner! The solution? Take the potty with you.
The award-winning Potette Plus is a highly recommended product for parents who want to be prepared and leave the stressful “potty dash” behind them. Small, portable, and easy to use, the Potette Plus allows kids to go to the restroom at a moments notice. Great for camping trips and traveling, you can use the Potette Plus as a toilet or you can attach it to a toilet to keep your kids from sitting directly on public facilities.